Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sick Turkeys

What is worse than a sick husband?

Tell me... I bet you can't think of anything can you?  CAN YOU?  I sure can't.

I love my husband more than anything but man alive when he gets sick it wipes me out!

I did my whining on the blog about how sick my daughter and I got a couple of weeks ago with the nasty stomach flu.  I am not sure if I followed it up with the horrible sore throats, congestion, aching body that the kids and I got a few days after the flu.  I am pretty sure that I did mention that my darling husband happened to be out of town while all of this was going on.  Caught up?  Well... the husband came home from his business trip... and despite all of my praying, pleading, and begging... he got the sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, aching body, that we had already had.  UGH!  Those of you who don't have a husband... know this... when they get sick they are worse than the kids.  Those of you who do have a husband PLEASE tell me you know what I am talking about.  He is the biggest baby (again love you) EVER.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Ours was really good.  That morning I went to BodyCombat at the gym, they had a special 90 minute class.  We spent Thanksgiving day at my sisters house with half of my family.  The other half spent it at my mom's.  It wasn't supposed to be that way.  My mom just had knee surgery a couple of weeks prior so no one wanted her to have to cook, or entertain people for that matter. Well... apparently that isn't what happened.  My mom ended up having to cook and entertain anyways.  Not too happy about that but what can ya do?  We had a great time anyway, ate yummy food, had some delicious pies (my contributions were a Sour cream lemon pie, and Pumpkin Cheesecake), and played Just Dance 3 on the Wii with the kids.  Lots of laughs and fun times, as it always is when I am with my family.

Sunday we had Thanksgiving with my husbands side of the family.  More great food, and games to follow.  I feel like I did pretty good about my eating over the holiday.  I don't feel that I over indulged or went off the deep end at all.  Back to the gym Monday morning for two BodyCombat classes, and weights!  Heck ya!  Had to burn some extra calories ;)

I wish we had made our own Turkey so that we had a bunch leftover for sandwiches and stuff.  Next year for sure!

This week I started Jamie Eason's 12 week trainer.  I am not following it to a "T".... the diet I have is a little different so I am sticking with that for now and I am not cutting out my cardio completely the first four weeks because really I don't want to add muscle mass.  I will start prep for competitions right after Christmas so I don't want to burn out.  I will re-evaluate at that point and see what I need to do for comp prep and might start the whole trainer over again.  Who knows.  It feels good to be back in the weight room though.  I have not done weights in a long time (months).  I am SO SO SORE!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys are starting to feel back to normal again! Your Thanksgiving sounded fun and packed with good food and family! : )

    I'm excited to follow along and see how you like Jamie Eason's 12 Week Trainer. I love her so much and haven't read that much about it and I'm excited to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, yeah, my husband is the biggest baby when he is sick. Love him to pieces, but he drives me nutso when he's sick! So needy!

    Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Hope your Mom's knee heals well and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weirdly, my hub's doesn't get whiny when he's sick? It's probably because at his job, they don't care if your sick, you come in no matter what. He even had the flu and had to throw up in the port-o-pottie at his work (he's in the oil & gas industry). I think he figures if he whines it will make it worse on him psychologically. But I do have 3 brothers and let me tell you, My oldest is THE BIGGEST WHINER when he gets sick. So I get your point. Hope he gets feeling better (more for your sake!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole time I've been with my husband (almost four years) he's only gotten sick once, but he was pretty whingey so I don't envy you!

    I'm looking forward to hearing about Jamie's program. So many bloggers seem to be starting it now (which is funny because it's been going for so long now!) so I'm curious to hear what's so different about it compared to your normal program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry he is sick! And don't worry, me and sheila did all the cooking so ur mom didn't have to do anything!:) Hopefully we can see you guys soon! Baby will be here Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete