Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seasonal depression!

Feeling better today, but also sad because I had to kiss my husband goodbye for another week or two. I hate that he has to travel so much for work but what can ya do? The funniest part about him leaving is that he is seriously STRESSED out that I might not remember to DVR the Denver Bronco's game (GASP!) for him on Saturday. Me? Forget? Football? NEVER. LOL! He is a smart man. I am sure he will call me every hour on the hour just to remind me. At least that gets him calling huh?

Speaking of Football... how many of you are about to become Football widows? I always get a little "depressed" when Football season rolls around. He gets "depressed" when it ends. Let us refer to it as seasonal depression! Ha! Between the fantasy football, and game after game after game.... I get a little loony! So here's to another dang season of Football... and here's to becoming a widow again for the 11th year in a row!

Today's workout was pretty intense. I found this circuit on Bodybuilding.com and just changed a few of the workouts to better suit me this is what I did.
  1. DB Goblet squats x 20
  2. Mountain Climbers x 50
  3. DB Swings w/squat x 20
  4. push ups x 10
  5. Split jump lunges x 20 (10 each leg)
  6. DB side lunges
  7. DB Push ups w/row
  8. DB lung w/core rotation
  9. Jump squats
I went through this 3 times with minimal rests. By the third time I couldn't do as many as I did the first two times, but I was a sweaty hot mess by the time I finished. I also did a few abs afterwards.

My meals today have been pretty basic. I had protein pancakes for breakfast, lunch was a turkey and avocado sandwich on a sandwich thin with a half an apple (shared with the hubby), snacks were hard to get around to today because I was out and about but I did have a small handful of dry cereal, and a protein pumpkin muffin, dinner was my favorite salsa chicken on top of salad w/low carb tortilla!

I have a circuit planned out for upper body tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. I like the looks of that circuit. My lower body is way to sore to do it today but I'm going to save that and do it on Saturday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that circuit!!!!!
    and i so feel on ya on the "seasonal depression"
    if i dont at least make an attempt to keep up with football,i lose a husband from september to february....
    put it this way-when i was preggo with my middle baby,he told me to "keep her in until after the superbowl!!!" and i did-2 weeks later i had her,LOL!!!

    anyways,hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Melissa... that is HILARIOUS. I know that if I were pregnant and due around that time I would get the exact same orders ;) MEN!

    ReplyDelete