Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pump-it up-kin

Hi all!

First off a recipe... today I was just craving PUMPKIN... its that time of year where I just can't get enough of it. I wanted something GOOD :) I found a recipe for Pumpkin muffins and altered it to suit my diet needs and what I got turned out pretty darn good! Here is what I did....


1 egg + 1 egg white
3 cups Oat flour
1 cup splenda brown sugar mix
1 cup Almond breeze
1 cup pureed cooked pumpkin
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons splenda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon ginger

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F.

2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix until smooth.

3. Fill sprayed muffin tins with mixture until ¾ full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.


I didn't have all the seasonings so I used my Torani SF Pumpkin Pie syrup along with cinnamon, and all spice in place of all the spices. I also threw in 1/2 C of SF chocolate chips to keep the kids smiling... what.... you don't believe me? I swear it was ONLY for the kids ;) Nuts... I should have added NUTS! Didn't think of that until now. Oh well... next time!


Anyway, today was my gym day... I had plans to hit the gym at 4 with my girlfriend and at 1:30 I got the call. "Hello... Mrs. Brown? This is so and so from such and such... your daughter is not feeling well, she has a temp of 99 and says her tummy hurts". Sigh... there goes my workout. Good thing my job is very cool with things like that! So... I am about to pop in one of my favorite workout DVD's and get my sweat on. Hopefully my baby girl (who by the way has not stopped eating since we got home today... ahem... sour stomach???? hmmmmm) is feeling better tomorrow so she doesn't miss school, and... I don't miss the gym on my ONE DAY OFF this week!


2 comments:

  1. oh! i do hope your baby feels better soon!!!
    if she is sick,just do what you can at home with the workouts!!!
    the recipe sounds good btw-will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so yummy!

    what are some of your favorite DVDs? One day off.. I feel ya!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete