Tuesday, July 6, 2010

For Michelle

This is my contest winning recipe (the contest that I never recieved my winnings from)... humph! Anyway, here it is for you Michelle!

Banana Bars

1/4 C Butter (or substitute with Applesauce)
1 1/2 C Sugar (I use baking splenda)
1 Egg
3 ripe bananas mashed (I heat mine for about 30 seconds in the microwave and blend with mixers to get them nice and smooth)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 C flour (I use 1 1/2 C oatmeal, blended into flour consistency and 3/4 C vanilla protein powder)
1 C sour cream (I use light of fat free)
1/2 c walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 325

Cream butter, and sugar. Add egg, banana, and sour cream. Mix well. Add vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix in dry ingredients. Add nuts. Pour into baking dish that has been sprayed with PAM (13 x 9). Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

For the topping: It is realy good with cream cheese frosting. Like REEEEEAAAALLLLY good. However I opt for this...

2 tbsp butter melted, 2 tbsp splend brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and a handful of oatmeal. Crumble over the top. YUM!

Bake for 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment