Friday, May 4, 2012

TWELVE...

Twelve years ago today... my husband and I drove ourselves down to the courthouse.  I, in a borrowed off white dress, nothing fancy (and some pretty hot braces) and he in his Sunday suit.  We walked in hand in hand scared out of our minds, with little to no support from family.  I was accompanied by two of my dearest friends, and my sisters.  He had his parents and siblings.  That was it.  Short, sweet and very... intimate.  No one thought we would make it.  I don't think we even thought we would make it.

Twelve years ago.  We were babies.

It hasn't been an "easy" twelve years.  I would actually openly admit that it has been some of the hardest years of my life.  We have literally been through it all.  Good, bad and really really ugly.  However.... the last year has been one of the most challenging for us, yet brought the most growth in our relationship yet.  We have gone from incredible lows to some pretty remarkable highs.  As your reading this, I am probably about to be sealed to my family for all time and Eternity.  After which we will have a REAL reception... in a church... with FAMILY and friends... and above all SUPPORT from everyone.  I will be in a beautiful white gown, along with my daughter and my two favorite boys in their Tuxedo's.  More to come.... but here are some pictures to hold you over!















6 comments:

  1. You just made my heart smile! Congrats! And the pictures are beautiful!!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope you having the most beautiful day! Thank you for sharing your pictures, they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are so beautiful! The dress looks amazing. I hope you have a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize that dress you wore 12 years ago :) It was MINE! I love it- so happy for you! You two are, and have always been, absolutely gorgeous! Love you dearly.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete