Friday, April 13, 2012

Things that make you go... OW!

If you are a reader of Janetha's blog Meals and moves you will know all about Adventurous April.  If you are not a reader... well what the heck is wrong with you?  She posts great recipes (which I get to sample at work), awesome tips and advice and a bunch of other great stuff.

Anyway, I feel like I have been pretty adventurous this week.  Candice invited me to attend GPPfitness for a month.  Its a little out of my comfort zone to walk into a room full of people I don't know, in a gym I am not comfortable in and work out with them.   BUT I did it.  I have gone a few times this week and needless to say I woke up today SO SORE that I literally DID NOT want to get out of bed.  I am sore in places I didn't know I could get sore in, but it also feels really good!  The workout that killed me?  Oh just 42 of each of these things... bicep curls, kettle ball swings, tricep dips, aussie pull ups, and tricep extentions... 42 reps FOUR times through.  OW!  I am looking forward to really pushing myself and hitting it hard over the next month.  I have a dress to fit into.  :)

Its been a pretty hectic week for me.  Between work, kids, housework, baseball, and trying to plan our reception I feel like I am constantly on the edge.  Someone just push me.  I dare you!  ;)  Anyway, things are coming along.  I will meet with my sisters tomorrow to do some final planning, pick flowers for mine and my daughters bouquet, hopefully find Pajha a dress and mail off the invitations.  I spent my entire Friday evening putting the invites together.  Its been a long day.  I am exhausted.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What is an Aussie pull up??? I should know this seeing as I am an Aussie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTl-uXsniro

      See if that works, or just go to Youtube and look it up, I wasn't sure what it was until I did it :) Brutal. My upper back has NEVER been more sore and I am pretty sure it was from this!

      Delete
  2. wow!!!!!!!!
    killer workout and not to mention the 4million other things you have going on right now!!!
    you rock,supermamma!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, at least 4 Million. Its been insane. Hope your doing well lady, you look awesome. Your such an inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I have to go on Tuesday. I hope you are having a good weekend! See you mañana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it made you go "OW" but I hear you were amazing. Thanks for coming down to GPP. Hope to meet you soon.

    ReplyDelete