Monday, February 4, 2013

Memory Monday


I hope these are as fun for you as they are for me :)  I am loving looking back and reading some of my old posts from years ago about my crazy kids.  This one was my daughters school trip to the zoo.  She is a riot!  

July 31, 2008

Last Friday was Pajha's school trip to the zoo. I thought it would be fun to tag along with Peyton to get us both out of the house and get pictures of her friends and teachers. We had a great time! Peyton was the camera man and I have to admit he got a lot of fun pictures (and at least 50 self portraits of himself making all kinds of crazy faces). Above is Pajha and her best friend Julie. She is going to miss her so much when we leave. Julie came here speaking no English, and no Greek (she is from Poland) and now speaks both fluently. Amazing!Pajha's teacher, Mrs Lucia! I adore this woman. She has become such a great friend of mine and she is a wonderful teacher. Julie jumped up just in time to make it in the picture, so cute! Mrs. Lucia was Peyton's teacher first so she has known my kids since we arrived. It is hard to imagine not seeing her every morning and afternoon. Pajha adores her and keeps telling her that we are taking her with us back to America. She keeps asking if we have a suitcase we can squeeze her in. I wish we could. We love her to bits!Me having so much fun! He he!My little Princess and Julie playing on the slide!Awww... can you feel the love? I had to pull teeth to get them to stand together!Once Pajha's class all left we decided to stick around a bit longer. It was really hot and the kids found some sprinklers going and thought it would be a great idea to run through them. I thought what the heck... have fun! And they did!
Crazy kids!Here is Peyton, deciding it would be much more fun shirtless!
So of course, Pajha had to do the same!
The funniest part of the day was when Julie came up to me and said "give me a kiss!" so I did... well apparently she ran over to Pajha and said "your mom kissed me!". I was sitting there talking to Lucia when over comes a very angry Pajha. She stood there with her hands on her hips, tapping her foot and glaring at me! Lucia and I both started laughing and then she began to yell at me and lecture me for kissing her friend. It went something like this. "How dare you? How could you do that to me? Don't you want me anymore?" to which I replied "Pajha, what are you talking about what did I do?" well then she let me have it, "You kissed my best friend. Why would you do that to me? You're breaking my heart. I just don't understand. She's my best friend." (by this point Lucia and I are in hysterics). So I had to explain to her that it is okay for mommie's to give kisses to other kids, that doesn't mean that we don't love our own kids and that she will always be my very own little Princess. I told her to come give me a hug and a kiss so reluctantly she did then she said to me; "You have to promise me you will never do that again? Do you understand?". Understood! Sheesh! She is a jealous little one!

1 comment: