Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's weighing on your mind?

Yesterday I ran 5 miles with my neighbor. She is training for a marathon in May and yesterday was her "light" run so I joined her. I almost died. I am no runner. BUT.. I did it! Whoo hooo!

My morning started out no different than every other morning. I sometimes feel like I am stuck in a bad movie... groundhog day... my kids have been getting ready for school every week day for the past how many years yet EVERY day I literally have to tell them step by step what they need to do. Come eat breakfast. Go get dressed. Put your shoes and socks on. Brush your teeth. Brush your hair. Did you brush your teeth. Get your backpack. Where's your coat. Why aren't your shoes on yet. I sometimes just wish that they could take the initiative and do it without me having to tell them (a million times) everything you know? I guess maybe my carb deprived body wasn't in the mood today because it really got to me. I was ready to take it out at the gym!

Today was back and bi's at the gym. A scoop of No-Xplode and I was out the door. I started out with a fun fat burning cardio circuit for about 30 minutes and then headed down to the weight room. I fatigued my back until I could no longer do anything else. Its funny to me how our favorite muscles to work change over time. I used to love my leg days. LOVE THEM! Now... I HATE them! My favorite body part to work is probably my back because that is where I have seen the most improvements over the years. As far as I am concerned my legs can bite me. Ha! It is the first place I gain and the very VERY last place I lose so I have a very very deep hate relationship with them.

Lately there has been a lot of talk about scales. I have read a few bloggers ring in on the subject and it has been something that is weighing in on my own mind. What are your thoughts? I personally don't own one. I used to. Years ago. When I weighed next to nothing. It became an obsession for me. I weighed myself MULTIPLE times a day, and would panic every time it changed. It was sick. I was sick. I gave it up like a bad addiction and although I think for me that was the ONLY decision I wonder now if I were to have one if it would help me stay on track because I would know where I was at. Or would it do more harm than good? I just am not sure. Anyway, just something I have been thinking about.

4 comments:

  1. Good job on the 5 miles. That is far for me!! The longest I've ever gone was a 10k one time. Marshall takes NO-Xplode and I wonder if I should... maybe! I already rambled about the scale on my blog so I will spare you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog - as a fellow runner - NICE WORK this morning! :) I don't have kids, but man, I can't imagine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so feel you on the morning routine with the kids. you would think they would know what to do after doing the same thing for years. i guess that's what mommy's are for...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally weigh myself every morning. However, by this time I can tell just by looking at my body where I am at, weight wise. I just do it to keep me going in the right direction. If it's up a little, I'm more concious of what I eat. If it's down, I feel a little more relaxed. But I wouldn't say I'm obsessive about it or live by the number.

    ReplyDelete