Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Obsessed????


Ummm.... YES! I am absolutely 100% obsessed with protein shakes. I even have my two kids getting almost as obsessed as I am. It all started with the frozen hot chocolate protein shake. Then I made a banana cheesecake shake using sugar free, fat free JELLO cheesecake and 1/2 of a banana. Well... I got to thinking about how good it would be to add some cheesecake mix into the frozen hot chocolate. BLISS. Absolute bliss. I look forward to that nightly shake. My kids do too, they come running for a little of their own the second the blender starts.


The past few days have been really hectic. I can't even tell you why other than I am pretty exhausted half of the time and feel like my day is over before it really ever begins. I don't feel like I have accomplished much. Ever feel that way? I don't like it one bit. Today I feel completely useless. I must be coming down with something. It all started yesterday with a headache that I couldn't get rid of. I went to bed with it and was up MULTIPLE times at night with it... well that and a scared child who swore she had worms in her bed. I decided to skip the 5:30 am class at the gym so I could get some sleep. I woke up feeling a little better, but as soon as I got to the gym around 9 and started doing legs the throbbing began. It was bad, I had to leave after a few exercises because it was making me nauseous. NOT GOOD when I am going to be on stage in a teeny tiny bikini in 8 weeks. I spent the day resting. I do feel a little better but don't want to push it. Anyway, enough of that. Here is what I have been feasting on lately!

Turkey Meatballs

1 lb extra lean ground turkey and 1 egg

seasonings of choice and a little (not too much) cheese

A couple spoonfuls of salsa

A handful of Oats instead of breadcrumbs

Form into balls and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes turning halfway



The finished product. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. NOM NOM NOM NOMNOMNOM......
    lovin the food pics!!!
    hope you feel better soon!
    and your 8wks out already????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, actually a little less than 8. I really only give myself 10-12 weeks to train for my comps and that was figure. I am hoping that I can pull it off but if I don't feel ready than I will not get up on that stage :) Your so close Melissa... I cannot wait to hear all about your comps! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete