Thursday, April 14, 2011

Banana-rama

Too good not to rave about. I am not easily "blown away" by a lot of "healthy" recipes. I am not that starving... YET... however, if I don't share this with you, you will never understand how amazing my breakfast was this morning. It knocked my socks off and it all began last night. I was doing my usual thing... browsing blogs that I have come across, searching for new recipes to try just to change things up a bit and there it was. BANANA CHEESECAKE OATMEAL. I don't eat a lot of banana's. I am more of an orange person lately but I had some and thought anything that is supposed to taste like Cheesecake has got to be good right? A-MAZING! So since the recipe only called for 1/2 of a banana I also made myself a Banana Cheesecake Protein shake using the other half of it. DELISH.

Banana Cheesecake Protein shake
1/2 banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
ice (to your liking)
1/4 C cottage cheese or yogurt
1 Tbsp cheesecake pudding mix (sugar free, fat free)
blend it up and wha-la you have the yummiest creamiest "shake"

To see some pretty awesome tips and tricks and shake recipes visit Katie. She is amazing, and most of my shake ideas come from her recipes!!

Back to the oatmeal. I only used about half of it in my oatmeal. I didn't mix it in, I just threw it on top and had a little with each spoonful. I then ate the rest of it after the gym for a quick snack. So good. Too good. What are you waiting for? Go try it!

2 comments: