Monday, April 11, 2011

Here we go again!!!!

My plans to do another show in California came to a screeching halt when my life turned upside down and inside out. I am now living in Utah... my husband took a new position with his company. We have purchased our FIRST house... and we are really just trying to adjust to being back "home". We haven't lived here our entire 11 years of marriage so it has its challenges. I miss my friends and my life in Temecula so SO much, but I am very blessed with some pretty amazing friends here. It will be okay.

I also have decided to compete again. I will however NOT be doing Figure this time around. That was a really hard decision for me to make. I have SO much respect for Figure competitors... so much respect for the sport and the women I have met along the way. It just isn't for me. I really struggled with the weight gain. I came into this sport weighing 110 pounds.... and came out of it weighing.... oh come on you didn't really think I was going to tell you did you??? I came out weighing A LOT MORE THAN I DID GOING IN. 'Nuff said. I don't like the extra weight on me. I don't feel good with it. And the harsh reality that I was going to have to put on even more just to compete with this industry (of course by put on more weight I am talking muscle) was like a big reality check. So for that reason alone (my sanity) I am focusing on losing a bit of the weight I have gained and competing in the Bikini division. I am about 9 1/2 weeks out. I have been really dialing in on my diet... and workouts are getting pretty intense. A lot of cardio (yay) and some peace of mind knowing that in a short 9 weeks I will hopefully be looking a whole better in a bikini. Sigh.

I have a recipe for you all! I made these today. They turned out pretty good, will taste great with Peanut butter, jam or honey. I plan to freeze them and use them for when I just really need a "treat".

Bran Muffins

1C Oat Flour
3/4 C Wheat Bran
1/4 C Ground flax (you can omit if you like)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash cinnamon
1/4 C sugar free honey (or you could use brown sugar)
1/4 C Stevia (for baking) omit if you use brown sugar
1 C Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 egg (beaten)
Applesauce (I didn't measure this... but would assume it was around 3 Tbsp)
1/4 C Almond Breeze (ish... see how dry your "batter" is)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix wet ingredients add dry ingredients. Batter will be thick... not runny like most muffins or cakes. Put into lined cupcake pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 muffins

Amount per Serving

Calories 89
Calories from Fat 17.9

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 1.99g
3%
Saturated Fat 0.13g
0%
Cholesterol 17.92mg
5%
Sodium 16.39mg
0%
Total Carbohydrate 14.8g
4%
Dietary Fiber 3.33g
13%
Sugars 1.18g
Protein 3.32g
6%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat
19%
Carbs
66%
Protein
14%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.




3 comments:

  1. Hi lovey! Looks like I'm not the only one who took a few months off blogging (although I still have yet to post) Something told me to check in on your blog and here I see I've missed several posts!

    I know moving and adjusting is hard, but I'm glad to hear things are going well. I'm glad to hear you are competing again, too! Girl, I know all too well the effects of post-comp and weight gain. Hence, the reason I haven't posted in months. In a nutshell, my rebound was RIDICULOUS and I felt completely out of control and had to deal with such low/negative body image and mini "freakouts" over weight gain and it really caused me to step back and examine competing. That being said, I now know what NOT to do after a show and am considering competing again in the Fall, allowing a lot more time to reach my goal. I think I'd like to do Figure, though, so we'll see:)

    Anyway, so glad to read your blog again! Welcome back! HUGS:)

    ReplyDelete