Monday, April 18, 2011

Circuits


Great workout this morning. I finally came up with a brilliant idea to do my light leg day (plyos etc) early in the week so that later in the week when I can't walk from my heavy day I have already done my light day. I don't know why it took me until now to come up with that ;) Anyway, today I did this fat burning circuit. It was nuts. I was sweating like a mad woman.

Choose up to 8 exercises and number them (I did 6, I will work up to 8)

1. Jump squat x 15
2. DB swings x 20
3. Pushups x 15
4. Squat row x 20
5. Mountain climbers x 80
6. DB squat curl x 15

Start at #1, next do #1 and #2, next do #1, #2, and #3 and continue until you have gone all the way through. It took me about 35-40 minutes to do this. I then went and did a really light high rep of leg extensions and curls. 4 x 20

Felt really good!

One of my favorite things to eat! I may or may not have already posted this at some point but I am going to do it again! I make a pan of this and eat it over the course of a few days because I can change it up and it never gets old.

1 package brown rice (I use the microwave in 90 seconds because I suck at making rice ;) )
chicken breasts (I usually use 2-3) cooked and cubed
salsa (low sodium) eyeball it!

that is the base of it, here are some things I add to change it up

black beans, corn, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, light cheese

Cook rice and chicken. Add to pan and top with salsa. Mix it up really good and add any extra's that you may want. Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes, just until hot!

I eat this a few different ways. Sometimes inside a corn tortilla topped with a little bit of yogurt ranch dressing. Sometimes I just like it all by itself as a rice bowl. Sometimes I throw it on top of a large plate of salad, and sometimes (like last night) I turn my corn tortilla into chips by spraying with PAM and throwing them under my broiler. Oh and super yummy with a little avocado on top!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME WORKOUT!
    and will have to try the recipe after the show!!!!
    keep up your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That circuit sounds awesome! I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm so glad you liked the cheesecake oatmeal. I actually forgot about that recipe so now I'm craving it!

    The is a great workout idea!! I will have to bookmark it so I can try it sometime. thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete