Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two's

Hey guys!  I've been laying pretty low since the last time I posted.  Got a nasty awful cold or something that literally knocked me on my butt for a while but I am beginning to feel better!  I went to GPPfitness this morning for this sprint workout.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Okay so normally sprints don't kill me quite as bad as they did today but my chest felt sooooo heavy.  I had a hard time breathing and literally felt like I was going to puke.  I am sure that had more to do with the fact that I am still "getting better" and less to do with the sprints themselves because I almost hacked up a lung on the drive home.  My throat has been sore from the hacking all day, and my head... oh my head... the headaches I have been getting lately are UNREAL.  I actually went to a doctor a couple of weeks ago about the headaches.  I have been getting 1-2 migraines a week for a couple of months now, and almost daily headaches on top of that.  I basically just wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything serious, thank goodness all seems to be well.  I wasn't going seeking for meds, in fact I told him straight up that I didn't want pain pills.  I have seen pills do more harm than good to too many family members and I honestly hesitate to take anything but Motrin for anything.  Instead he prescribed me to take 10 mg of melatonin a night.  He said that in studies that were done it decreased headaches and migraines by quite a large margin (I want to say 60% or something).  So... that is what I am doing, when I remember to take it anyways. I haven't noticed a change yet but I have not been consistent with it.  If only I could remember to take that as well as I take my birth control.  Priorities ;)

I had a great weekend though despite the fact that I am single momming it AGAIN while my husband is working out of town. A weekend full of TWO'S!!!!!  Brunch with two of my favorite girls Amanda and Janetha on Saturday (along with two pretty darn cute kids), and then us girls were off to get pedicures.  So nice.  My daughter has been begging to go.  She loves pedi's.  I think she is darn spoiled.  Also included in my weekend... two BBQ's (one Saturday, and one Sunday) with two of my sisters, a visit with my two newest TWIN Great nieces Hadlee and Riley, and finally a surprise visit from two of my favorite people Grandma and Grandpa all the way from California!  Honestly weekends can't get any better than this!


This is Hadlee in deep thought... I am pretty sure she is wondering how she got lucky enough to have a Great Aunt as cool as me ;)




Hope you all had a great weekend, and that your week is off to a great start!  I don't know about you but I am already counting down the days until the weekend.  My hubby will be home at last and its a 3 day weekend to boot!  Oh heck yes!

Just a thought!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the headaches. I get them too. They come in clusters. I've had them since I was a child. Most days I can power through. A couple of times per year, I'm incapacitated. Sucks.

    I'm going to try that melatonin thing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete