Monday, January 30, 2012

The deep end...

Life is so weird.

We go through so many things, good, bad and ugly.  We grow, we learn, we fall, we sink, we swim, we jump, we fly.  So many things mold and shape the people we become.  In my life I have had my fair (and not so fair) share of ups and downs.  I have fallen hard and to be honest sometimes I still have a really hard time WANTING to get back up.  However I am really trying to focus on the good in life.  The fact that I have my health is definitely something I do not want to take for granted.

The past few months have been really emotional for me.  I have had to watch so many people I care about struggle with trials.  Mainly the "C" word.  I hate cancer.  I know that no one likes it but I really hate it.  I have seen it take the lives of people I love.  And is it just me or does it seem to be spreading like wild fire.  It just isn't fair!  A girl that I grew up with is fighting... she is absolutely amazing to me.  I cannot even begin to imagine how scared she must be, and I admire her SO much.  I just don't know if I could be or would be that strong.  She absolutely amazes me.

So much in life is out of our hands.  We can't control other people, we can't always control our health, but what we can control is how we choose to live our life.  I have control of how I treat other people.  I have control over my own actions.  I have control of what I choose to put in my body.  Sometimes when I feel like my life is a little out of control I start to panic and my emotions get the best of me.  I need to learn to take a step back, have a little faith and let it be because I don't think that God would give me anything I couldn't handle even if at times I feel like the burden is just too much to bear.

Count your blessings my friends.  Cherish every moment.  Be good to the people you love.  Don't take them for granted.  Don't judge people for crying out loud.  You never know what their story is, what they are going through, where they have been.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post <3 I love the new blog layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so on point with this post. It was just the slap in the forehead I needed today.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that you've had to deal with all this crap. cancer is hard. I hate what it does to people. It's a rough one to deal with. I hope you and all your loved ones are ok. My friend is a 6 year survivor :D so there's always a bright side. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete