Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tick, Tock....

Is it crazy that I am suddenly feeling so ready to just bust out this competition? Thinking back... a couple of weeks ago all I felt was fear, doubt, self conscious. Today... I feel like I want to get this show on the road. I feel like I am in a healthier mindset than I have ever been when competing. Let me explain. In the past I remember ALL I could think about was what I wanted to eat, how much I wanted FOOD... and I had no real plan as to how I was going to go about incorporating normal food back into my diet. I just wanted to eat EVERYTHING. IN. SIGHT. And I did. I just went with the flow which led to serious post show depression and horrible body image issues.

I don't feel that way right now. My cheat meal after the show will definitely be nice I am not gonna lie. I am looking forward to it (it being a big fat sandwich) for sure but I am not thinking about it as a "holy cow what can I stuff in my face". I plan on taking it easy and not over doing it with any food over the weekend and then Monday morning getting right back on my plan, of course allowing myself one or two "cheat" meals a week (which for me just means, not on my plan but still healthy food). I am NOT taking a week off of the gym. I think that is what always kills me. I am so addicted to working out right now. I LOVE the way it makes me feel. I plan to continue going every day and until spring when more competitions come around I plan on focusing on staying lean.

I feel like I am in a good place. Come on weekend lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's such good news that you've got a plan in place. So many women only focus on the competition and the bingeing afterwards that they don't properly prepare for moving back into the off-season, which usually results in a lot of weight gain and accompanying depression! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete