Sunday, September 25, 2011

Show day!



Hey guys!!!!!!!

I love the comments on my last couple of posts. Your support means the world to me. So... let us recap about the show shall we? I didn't get nearly enough pictures. I was so nervous that I think I forgot I even had a camera! I do however have pics of me floating around from other peoples camera's so when they get here I will post more I promise!

Friday was so crazy busy, I was all over town. Got my nails done first thing. I went to the mall to get a few last minute details (jewelry), came home, prepped food for the next two days, got kids home from school, went and got my gel toes done, came home and had to take the kids to their school carnival at which I found out the my precious little daughter has been spreading the rumor that I am a bikini model around the neighborhood. A little embarrassed by that and had to explain to my neighbors what I do. I don't know why sometimes that is hard for me to explain. I guess you just never know how people are going to take it, or how they will feel about what I do. Anyway, we got home around 7:30 and I was off to start prepping for the show. My sugar exfoliate, shaving and got my hair washed and blown dry (that takes for-ever!) than came the time for Pro-Tan. I did two coats and called it a night. I think I was in bed by 11 pm. It didn't last though...


Morning of: My alarm was set for 4:45 am, and 5:00 am. I woke up WIDE AWAKE at 1:30 am. WIDE AWAKE. I tried to force myself back to sleep but it just didn't work. So, I did what any normal person would do and I got up! I got my hair curled with my hot curls, and started applying makeup. Then... I played Spider solitaire on the computer. Finally around 3 am I started thinking I should go lay down until my alarms go off. I would regret it if I didn't. Turns out I regretted it for DOING it. I fell asleep. I woke up on my own, reached over for my phone to check the time 7:09.............. SEVEN OH NINE! I screamed and FLEW like a crazy person out of bed. I needed to leave my house by 7:45 to get to check ins by 8:30. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP..... I rushed to the bathroom and started frantically applying my Ultra 1 (by the way, this stuff is absolutely amazing!). That didn't take long at all and I was DARK! I looked in the mirror to see how my now slept on makeup looked. One eye survived. The other? Not so much. So, I reapplied a little makeup, threw my hair in a clip, loaded up the car and was out the door at 7:42. WOW.

I arrived to the venue right on time, found parking and was in line to check in by 8:30. It was a very small show, my guess is under 40 competitors. There were 5 girls in my class. They split us up to make the classes more even, I ended up being put in the short class when I should have been in the medium class. Each one had 5 or 6 girls and only the top 3 placed. I was SO nervous that I couldn't eat most of the day. I hate that I get that way when I compete. I wish there was something I could do to calm me down before I go on stage. I was number 22, and the second girl out in my class. We entered stage right, had to walk to the left corner, pose, walk to the right corner, pose and then to the center to do a front and back pose. I felt like I did pretty good on my posing other than the fact that I was shaking like a freaking leaf. Ha ha. We then lined up for comparisons. I got moved around a bit but ended up in the middle. The girls to either side of me looked fab. On my left was the over all winner from the last show and on my right was this teeny tiny little blonde. Cute girls, young girls. Man I felt old. Anyhow, I figured I was in the top 3 but being that I was in the middle I was under the impression that I was in first or second. In fact that is what EVERYONE thought. I heard it the second I walked off stage from everyone who saw. I came home during the break (well actually I had to drive to timbuktu to pick up our sitter for the night) then I came home... and just got a little bit of stuff done, practiced posing, caught the husband up on the judging and headed back for the night show!


Me with my old trainer... (as in he trained me a few years ago, not that he is old)

Night show: Most of the people who were supposed to come watch couldn't make it so I was feeling a little bummed, but here is who did show up... my husband, his brother, my mom and sister Shontell, and my best friend and her sister. I even had a friend or two from high school come watch! The crowd was loud and fun and the night show I really felt like I was more comfortable on stage. Didn't shake nearly as bad. I still hadn't eaten much and was starting to feel a little sick to my stomach. They had all kinds of food backstage for us to eat. Pizza, crackers, M&Ms, fruit and some veggies. I grabbed a few cucumbers and nibbled on those throughout the night. So I ended up getting THIRD place. I am okay with that, of course I would have loved to have taken home the first place trophy but I am happy with my placing. I left during intermission. I was so weak and thirsty and hungry at that point and so was everyone else so we just went to eat and had a few laughs. My sisters favorite part was the Men's bodybuilding. She will never admit it but I would have KILLED to have watched her face while they were up there shaking their stuff ;) She is a funny lady! So glad she came out even though she wasn't feeling very well. Its a different world... this competing stuff and I am so appreciative that my family supports me even if they don't understand why I do it or what I do really. Their support means the world to me.


My new lady! She sure is pretty!


I am so thankful for those who came and all of the support I have gotten from family, friends and bloggers! Here's to another trophy, another accomplished goal, another goal set (next comp is in two weeks, MAYBE!) I need to decide by tomorrow if I am going to do it or not.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! 3rd place - way to get it, girl!!!

    My only complaint....ONE picture of your hotness?!!?! No bueno! ;)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! You are so awesome!! And I agree with the above..more pics!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyy! congrats!!!!
    **HUGS****
    and holy HOT MAMMA!!!!!
    you are looking incredable!
    more pics pleeease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with all of the above - more pics please!!! Congratulations - you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOO! You look bangin! Good job, I am sure you are so proud of yourself--you worked HARD. Props, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job girl! You look fantastic, so great, I'm lovin it! Can't wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete