Monday, May 2, 2011

Unisom... take me away

I feel like I just can't catch a break lately. I have never been sick this often. Ever since we moved back to Utah it has been non stop. So, the past week or so I have had this runny nose, so bad in fact that the skin around my nose is DRY and peeling. Hot, I know. My ears feel plugged and after a workout I feel like I am underwater for about 20 minutes until they pop. I should probably go to the doctor. Sigh. Well on top of all that crap I got food poisoning yesterday. I bought some fish (tilapia) on Friday from the local grocery store. I cooked it up Sunday to take over to the in laws for my dinner while everyone else feasted on HAM, Potato salad, ROLLS, and yummy stuff like that (insert pouting). I have to admit, it was good and I was perfectly content to my fish dinner. I also had some fruit salad made with non fat yogurt and fruit while everyone ate cookies and chocolates (it was our belated Easter meal). Anyway, once I got home and put the kids to bed I just didn't feel right. I started getting a headache and my stomach felt a little upset but I figured it was because I had only gotten a few hours of sleep Saturday night, so I went to bed early. I was exhausted.

1 am... woke up to the worst pains in my stomach... head pounding and sweating. Spent a while in the bathroom. Went back to bed. 1:30 am... woke up again to the same issues. 2 am... again up and in pain. Got in the bath thinking that would help. It didn't. I was up every 30-45 minutes ALL NIGHT LONG. It was awful. Just awful. I still feel queezy today. My head still hurts and nothing I take seems to help. Nothing I eat sits right. I just feel like.... crap. So, needless to say I missed the gym today. I hate that. I really can't afford to miss it. AND... the only things that have even sounded good are not good for me to be eating right now but what can I do? I have just wanted carbs. I had cereal for breakfast because it was the only thing that didn't make me gag to think about making. Eggs for lunch with some asparagus and 100 calorie thin bread toasted. For dinner all I can think about is soup, so that is what I will have. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body. Right?

Anyway, I am hoping and praying that tomorrow I will wake up feeling 100% better and get a good workout. A much needed good workout.... after a MUCH NEEDED good nights sleep. I think I seem some Unisom in my very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment